MY CASE STUDY - OBSERVING

I am Farouk A. e. Uhleme, a Responsibility Coach™ Student in Goodwood Prison

Over a period now, an awesome consciousness is finding its way into the sphere of my life; a new awareness that I can only describe as transcendent, spiritual and self-finding, a consciousness that allows me to view my life as it unravels in the most meaningful way.

This consciousness, and the possibility of me being aware of it, can only be attributed to what value there is in the act of observing – being still and watching everything just come and go, emerging from the source and returning to the source which according to Tao te ching is the way of nature.

It begins with perceiving the way my life is moving forward, observing with amazement those happenings that I attract daily to my life, bringing forth individuals that seem to be sending my life to a new and meaningful direction. Perhaps more than ever before, I am beginning to intuit a higher meaning to the purpose of my being in this beautiful universe I call home.

A higher meaning because by being still, listening more and talking less, I am able to find value from the mere dance of the flowers in the garden, gyrating to the rhythm of the gently breeze and I am able to appreciate the mewing of the cat who is showing gratitude for food and love provided by the divine hands that fill all void.

Through the sheer act of observing - of being still and being at peace with my soul, of dwelling in the solitude of my heart, of paying attention to my surroundings and happenings that are enchanting; of understanding that words then become the gateway to my soul, allowing me to access messages that dwells within – I am able to understand that some of the most alluring statements are made without words and some of the lasting impressions are made from being still.