Vulnerability is my Strength

A stunning and touching day in Prison with our team of SmilingOne Coaches n Students - inmates in Brandvlei Maximum and Worcester Medium Prisons.

They gifted me with the most beautiful letters...


A stunning painting...


AND another life-changing session. Our theme today in both Brandvlei Max and Worcester Medium: Vulnerability and how it can be turned into our greatest Strength!



MY VULNERABILITY

My Heart Knows

used to be what I feared the most
used to be what I could not face
used to be what I called weak

IT FELT SO MUCH EASIER
TO ESCAPE

I was trying to be somebody else
trying to hide behind masks
covering up the scars
of my past

I WAS TOO SCARED

What I did not know
What I did not understand

MY VULNERABILITY WAS THERE TO TEACH ME
That beyond fear lies love
Beyond weakness lies strength
Beyond separateness lies wholeness

BEYOND...

I chose to risk to be guided
by what I feared the most
MY VULNERABILITY
Standing naked
Not knowing
Listening
...

I felt like
coming
home

I suddenly realized
...

MY HEART
KNOWS


WOW.... what a Day! I feel so RICH!!! I am in AWE of the process and all of these beautiful souls who have 'taken the risk' to change and now are walking truly remarkable paths of responsible living. And yes, it does seem like risk when all you know is crime, when you are feeling hurt and alone. They are today inspiring change inside prison - simply by attending to their own healing, by walking their talk and leading by their own living example!

REMARKABLE!


In Gratitude
Karina